During this internship you will develop and implement a graphic design look and feel for five related websites, including advertising components. You will work with two e-commerce sites, two blog sites, and one informational site. You will incorporate Search Engine Optimization techniques into the way in which graphical elements are included on the sites. You will have an opportunity to work on a variety of platforms and initiatives to provide a real world learning experience. This will be a great internship for someone who wants to learn more about using template designs on websites and optimizing site design for SEO. For this internship we are looking for someone who has training or experience in graphic design and is interested in learning about working with templates and content management systems.
- Learn how to create templates for three different types of content management systems including WordPress, Drupal, and eCommerce.
- Learn how to incorporate SEO optimization concepts into design elements and html coding for graphics.
- SEO training provided.
- Template customization training provided.
- Basic php training provided.
Objectives & Activities:
- Create a new look and feel for website presence
- Design or redesign logos for three businesses. Will need variations for website, print, advertising, business cards, etc..
- Design and implement coordinating template for:
- Three WordPress sites
- One Drupal site
- One eCommerce site
- Design web advertising for three businesses to include:
- Banner Ads
- Sidebar Ads
- E-mail ads
- Include multiple versions to promote various aspects of the sites
- Design and implement graphics for website to improve look and feel
- Self-motivated, experiential learner.
- Good team player.
- Must have graphical design training / knowledge both in creating designs for print and website usage.
- Must have experience with html & css. Php experience helpful.
- Working knowledge of Internet search engine use
- Word Processing & Spreadsheet experience.
- Internships will be a minimum of 10 hours per weeks for 15 weeks.
- Hours must be scheduled during regular posted working hours, currently Tuesday – Thursday, 12pm – 8pm, Friday – Saturday, 12pm – 5pm
- Interns will need to bring a laptop computer with wireless network capability.
- Interns will need to have access to their preferred graphic design software.
To apply please complete our Internship Application.