Friends of Wild Iris is a non-profit , 501(c) 3, organization established in 2006 to support the community space traditionally represented by Wild Iris Books. We have found that the mission of a “safe space” for our community often differs from the motive of a for-profit organization. We want to continue to provide a community center for the sharing of ideas and exploration of how we can better impact our society.
To create social, educational and cultural opportunities to empower a diverse feminist community.
The Friends of Wild Iris envision a community of empowered people who inspire each other to reach higher levels of self-actualization through celebration of our diversity and appreciation for the inherent value of all people.
- To create an organizational structure to empower people to be involved in programs and activities for the Friends of Wild Iris
- To develop financial support for programs and services for Friends of Wild Iris and ensure ongoing financial stability of the organization
- To identify, implement and raise awareness for programs that support opportunities related to the mission statement and vision of the organization
- To establish a grant fund for support of local artists, educators and activists in pursuit of feminist and multicultural activities within the community
- To identify, plan and build future programs and services that meet the Friends of Wild Iris mission statement, including developing relationships with like-minded organizations